----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Renna" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2003 8:15 PM
Subject: using Ghost to back up a UFS partition

> Hello All,
>
> Was wondering if anyone on the list had ever backed up a UFS partition
> from a BSD box to a Windows Host as an Image file.  I've selected the
> option to do a sector copy(as ghost does not understand ufs by default)
> and the console on my windows box says a session is in progress,
> however, no data ever goes across.  I'm wondering if anyone else run
> into this problem while multicasting.  The error logs show that the
> server requests the client(the BSD box) to use unicast mode....i've
> tried this with two different NICs both 3com and Netgear and no luck.
> symantec's site has been no help was hoping someone on the list had done
> this before.
>
> scott

If you want the image to end up on the windows system, why just smbfs a
share from the windows system and use dump to image the entire fbsd box?
It's a lot less hassle than using a windows app to attempt to image a nix
file system.

--

Micheal Patterson
TSG Network Administration

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
message.