On Tuesday 04 November 2003 08:13, Olivier Nicole wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to run ipfilter on a 5.1 CURRENT box but my problems are many.
>
> 1) I discovered that /sys/i386/conf/LINT has disappeared

See NOTES

> 2) I find no mention of any IPFILETER, ipfilter, ip-filter or
>    whatsoever option to add to the kernel

See /usr/src/sys/conf/NOTES.

Since 5.x supports more hardware architectures the NOTES have been splitted in
general and machine specific parts

> 3) I guessed that it may have been automatically build in, but when I
>    try to run ipf, it complains about a missing device, I bet it is
>    /dev/ipl

Don't understand that

> 4) The usual way to build devices, MAKEDEV does not exist anymore

5.x has device file system. Devices are generated on thy fly by the kernel. No
need for MAKEDEV anymore. See man devfs.

> 5) The documentation about devfs is quite limited (to say the least)

Hmmm, can't copy

> 6) mknod refuses to create any device, always returning file not found
>
> So why breaking something that was running fine?

Also don't understand

> And how to run ipf on 5.1

Perhaps you should read _more_ more carefully....

-Harry