On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 11:39:39PM +0100, R.T.G. TAN wrote:

> Got 0.86 as output from:
>
>       % perl -MFile::Spec -e 'print $File::Spec::VERSION, "\n";'
>
> as well as did the:
>
>        % use.perl port
>
> and cleaned out the openoffice port before portinstalling it
> again, still failed the openoffice install, as before.

Hmmm... How much effort do you want to put into this.  Pulling down
the pre-built packages from http://projects.imp.ch/openoffice/ would
get you up and running quickly.

As it is, I'm at a loss to understand exactly what is going wrong with
your compile.  Perhaps contacting the port's maintainers --
[EMAIL PROTECTED] -- would be a good move.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                      Savill Way