At 02:51 PM 11/6/2003, Valerian Galeru wrote:
I installed x windows with sysinstall, then i installed blackbox (a window manager). Then if x server is not started and i execute blackbox command i get a error like this: x server not started something like this. If i start xserver and then run the blackbox command, i get another error (something like this one: another windows manager started, but i didnt install any window manager). And then, i can configure ~/.xinitrc but i cant find it in my home directory (in /home/val (val is my username) and in root the same). Ok. In man xstart it is said that this file can miss, and then i must go to /usr/...... after i configure that file and run startx nothing happens. What is the problem? How can i deinstall x windows and start it again? Or what can i DO??? 10x for help

A more direct subject line would help.

Why not try startx at your command prompt?
If .xinitrc is not there, why not make it?

Bob