hi all,

how do i do a fresh install for XFree86-4 from the ports tree?
I had installed a fresh FreeBSD 4.9 Release by ftp a couple days ago. It's
only a minimal install.  i mounted a my -CURRENT port tree. installed
cvsup.  i did a cvsup and install portupgrade and links
i had a XFree86-4-libraries installed when i install links.
then install XFree86-4-client and XFree86-4-Server and i got this error
(full error is in the attachment)

/usr/libexec/elf/ld: bad -rpath option
*** Error code 1
Stop in /shared/ports/x11-servers/XFree86-4-Server/work/xc/lib/font.
*** Error code 1

i reinstalled the libraries and still get this error
now i have installed almost all ports which begin with XFree86-4.

how do i install XFreeBSD fresh from port?

sham khalil