Odhiambo Washington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> * Lowell Gilbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [20031108 05:32]: wrote:

> > Copying a whole directory tree is pretty easy, especially with tool
> > support, it's transparent while you're doing the editing, and you get
> > full speed while you're editing.  That would be my recommendation.
>

> Please elaborate that for my benefit ;-)

I was being deliberately vague because there are *very* many ways of
doing that sort of thing.  One to which I had alluded earlier in the
message was using rdist to synchronize the working files between two
systems.  You would do that before (and possibly after) each time you
worked on the files.  This has the advantage that when you are
actually working on the files, you are always using local copies.

I haven't done it, but I understand that it is quite easy to run rdist
over ssh.