On Nov 10, 2003, at 11:13 AM, Dimitris Xochellis wrote:
In my local network I have two routers that provide
internet services.

-Can I use them both simultaneously?

Yes.

-Do I need to have a second ethernet card (And add a
second interface to rc.conf) in order to use them
both?

No, but it might be easier to configure a sensible network topology using two cards. Otherwise, you can configure a virtual interface ("ifconfig rl0 alias YYY")...

-Can I configure my FreeBSD box to use the first
router when I am sending packets to a specific
internet subnet and the second otherwise?

Sure.

-Any relative Docs or Examples please?

Normally, one has one "default route", which tells all non-local traffic to go via your preferred router. You can add additional routes like so:

route add -net 1.2.3.0/24 router1
route add -net 4.5.6.0/24 router2

There are better ways of managing routing than this, including setting up BGP/EGP peering with your ISPs, or some other routing protocol (OSPF), but this should get you started....

--
-Chuck