On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 04:15:53PM -0700, george wrote:
> I can connect to my samba shares reliably with 98/95/ME/2000 but when i try and
> connect
> with XP pro the xp pro machine locks up like its waiting for something
> and i eventually have to ctr/alt/del and reboot or log off of it.
>
> Below is my config file.
<snip>

Have you tried connecting from XP using the IP address of the samba
server?

\\1.2.3.4\data

(in map network drive popup, making sure you use a user/pass that's
valid on the smb server)

If that works ok then it's perhaps an issue with netbios naming -
perhaps try giving the smb server a netbios name and make sure it's in
the same workgroup as the xp machine.

--
Jez Hancock
 - System Administrator / PHP Developer