> > I'm trying to compile milter-dnsrbl.c from
> >   ftp://ftp.atnf.csiro.au/pub/people/rgooch/email-utilities/mailutils.tgz
> >
> > The problem is that gethostbyname_r() doesn't seem to exist
> > in FreeBSD. This is the code which uses it (from milter-dnsrbl.c):
>
> It's a known issue.  There are some third party DNS libraries that
> provide an implementation, e.g. in newer versions of bind.

Ah, okay. Since I'm using system's BIND, I'll simply
replace gethostbyname_r() with a call to gethostbyname()
in this program and hope for the best [it doesn't look like
a reentrant version is needed in this special case]. I'll
google for the synopsis of gethostbyname_r() now.

Thanks for clarifying this!

--
Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/