From: "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

How Can ThisBe wrote:

My question is, when I make a new file or directory in ~/public_html (with chown tigger:www), the file is made with the following permission:

-rw-r--r-- 1 tigger www 0 Nov 15 13:42 public_html/test1.php

How can I make new files without the world readable flag set, within the
public_html directory?

Change your umask.

But I only want the creation of new files and directories in the ~/public_html folder to inherit these permission. Everything else should stay the same. I guess if this is the only solution it would do, but, I was hoping for a per-directory setting.