On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:59:29 +0800, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello,

I read somewhere before that there were partition or boot problems after installing 5.1 beside winXP. Has anyone been able to do this successfully? Is there something not obvious that I need to set/tweak while during sysinstall? This partition has seen several versions of Mandrake and Redhat (Fedora is a flap, btw, IMO), and they all do it automatically as if assuming that users DO install their OS beside some Windows. But I have grown tired of the linux fad/hype and just wanna try my favorite server OS on it to see how it does too on the desktop. But at the same time, I need my XP very much.

My 40G hardisk is currently partitioned like this..: 512MB Windows swap | 512MB Linux/Unix swap | 20G NTFS | 10G FAT32 | Rest = Linux/Unix

Thanks in advance =)

chael

Everything should work just fine. Read the FAQ at the FreeBSD web site re dual booting with Win as well as extensive prior discussions in this list with detailed advice. (You can search for the latter at <URL: http://freebsd.rambler.ru/>.)

Jud