Hi, Chris--

On Nov 20, 2003, at 12:15 PM, Chris Meyers wrote:
I am at a loss. Does anybody have any suggestions about what I need to
do to make this work? Is there some other way to burn dvds? Do I need to
do some kernel recompilation? I have installed dvd+rw-tools but haven't
found any good docs, and there doesn't seem to be a man page.

No, you shouldn't need to patch or recompile a 5.x kernel since it should already have ATAPICAM. With regard to dvd+rw-tools, see "man growisofs" and /usr/local/share/doc/dvd+rw-tools/index.html, which you could invoke as something like:

growisofs -Z /dev/acd0c=file.iso

...although the output of dvd+rw-mediainfo on the disk you just attempted to burn might also be interesting to see.

--
-Chuck