On Thursday 20 November 2003 05:14 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> As far as I am concerned, I tend to have 1 partition for the system and a
> separate one for user data - this way, you don't wipe everything out if
> your system crashes. This saved my life a couple of times.
>
> What do you need the 10GB FAT32 partition for? (I suspect the same purpose
> but with respect to Windows...?!?)

If you want to pass large files, you need something you can write to from
FreeBSD. You can read but not write to NTFS. I have a number of mutli-boot
machines and I almost always have that much in one partition that is FAT32.

FWIW, all of my multi-boot XP/FreeBSD have the main FreeBSD slice on the
primary master. You can add /boot/boot0 to your c-drive and boot.ini and 5.x
or 4.x boots like a charm using ntldr. My c-drive only contains data and does
not contain an OS.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart