On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 02:57:41PM -0500, Marco Greene (Home) wrote:
> Doing some further research into my NetBackup slow restore performance...I
> have noticed that if I create a lot of small files....it can take about 10
> times as long as creating one big file of the same size.

Well, that doesn't sound too abnormal to me..creating lots of small
files is a lot more work for the drive.  You forgot to mention details
of your FreeBSD version and configuration (such as FS mount options,
kernel config, full hardware details, etc).  Obviously, these can make
all the difference to analyzing your problem.

Kris