Dru wrote:

I'd like to customize /usr/share/skel. It's an easy matter to edit
/usr/src/share/skel/Makefile and to make my own dot files.

However, will my customizations get overwritten when I make my next world?
If so, what's the best way to go about preventing my files from being
overwritten? e.g. should I place my custom Makefile and dot files in a
different directory and rerun my Makefile after a successful install
world?

Dru

/usr/share/skel is apparently a directory for _examples_, made apparent by the file naming, eg dot.cshrc (instead of .cshrc). Put your system wide files in /etc/skel/ and they'll be used as appropriate when new accounts are created, and should not be touched by any rebuilds.

Scott