On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 12:32:00PM -0500, Dru wrote:

> Does anyone know the cure for this behaviour?
>
> Splash screen loads nicely and acts as screensaver as it should. However,
> when I press a key to exit the screensaver, the contents of all of my
> terminals look like they're running by at a high rate of speed. The only way
> to get my terminal back is to press ctrl alt F9, then go back to a terminal.
>
> I've made the necessary modifications to the splash configuration section
> of /boot/loader.conf, but haven't put any options in /etc/rc.conf
>
> Dru

Is this on a laptop?  I have had a similar problem on an old IBM
Thinkpad 560.  I never have figured out exactly what the problem is, but
I feel that it is likely related to the power management on the laptop.
Generally, this only happens to me after the machine has sat idle for
quite some time.  This doesn't answer your question, but I am curious to
see that someone else is having this same issue.   Are you able to turn
off all power management features to see if that makes a difference?

Nathan
--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys D8527E49