On Nov 23, 2003, at 6:00 PM, Dan Nelson wrote:

I don't think snmp tables have any defined order.  I don't even know if
the index for a particular resource is guaranteed to be stable across
filesystem dismount/remounts.  Something like this should work:

My issue was that they shouldn't change once defined: otherwise, how can you reliably use something if it adopts different behavior with each new release/build?

After all, we're not talking about Windows here . . . . ;-)

It would be useful if / were always 1, for example. It looks like, with the inclusion of RAM and swap in the table, / might be 3.

--
Paul Beard
<paulbeard.no-ip.org/movabletype/>