Hello all,

I recently (today) got FreeBSD 4.8 installed on my Compaq Presario 2100.  I
have a working Xserver with KDE, and working integrated touchpad, etc.  My
biggest problems are audio and my wireless network card.

The following is the output of "pccardc dumpcis" command:

nomad# pccardc dumpcis
Configuration data for card in slot 0
Tuple #1, code = 0xff (Terminator), length = 0
2 slots found

When I insert my pcmcia wireless card, I get the following error:

pccard: card inserted, slot 0
Nov 17 18:06:30 nomad pccardd[51]: No card in database for "(null)"("(null)")

Now, after reading the howto for this network card at
http://lists.bawug.org/pipermail/wireless/2001-May/001083.html,

I have to enter the "(null)"("(null)") in the /etc/pccard.conf file with the
appropriate settings.  Tried this, it doesn't work.

Someone please help me!  Getting this to show up in my ifconfig would really
make my day.

Thanks,

--
Eric F Crist