Will Prater wrote:

> List,
>
> What are most of you using to monitor the running daemons? I have been
> loooking into DJB daemontools which seems appropriate, but are there
> any others that you reccomend?
>
> If DJB's daemontools is the one, could I get some more examples? I am
> primarily trying to keep my mail system online: postfix, cyrus,
> saslauthd, mysql, and spamassassin.

I'm particularly fond of daemontools/supervise, actually. You've got to
jump through some hoops to get it working (process must run in foreground,
process must start first time, etc..), but it's very reliable and the
qmail style qmailctl script can be adapted to any configuration with minimal
work to make an excellent control script.

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,