On Nov 26, 2003, at 13:58, Gerard Samuel wrote:

I was fortunate to acquire a dual Slot one motherboard.
I currently only have one PIII 450 in there, and its working without any
problems so far.
This box is primarily for www/samba/cvs.
I was wondering if my PHP apps would benefit (run faster) if I
introduced a 2nd CPU.

No single program thread will run faster than it would on an unladen single-processor machine. You would gain more in terms of how many threads could run concurrently. In other words: more, not faster.

KeS