On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 12:55:19AM -0500, Dragoncrest wrote:

[Warnings about ethernet addresses]

> >I'd like to know this too. I have a FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE box that exhibits
> >the
> >same symptoms. The addresses it complains about belong to a colo box on our
> >network and a cisco router.
>
>         That's a big Ditto for me too.  I got the same problem on one of
> my bsd workstations up at work too, but only when accessing either of our
> two Oracle servers.  So yeah, I'd love to know the resolution to this too
> if someone finds one.  :)

The warnings you're seeing are there to help pick up some common
configuration errors on the local network.  However, it is perfectly
reasonable to design a network that does those sort of things
deliberately: this seems to be the case with several common DSL or
Cable Modem setups nowadays.

You can turn off some types of warning by:

   # sysctl net.link.ether.inet.log_arp_wrong_iface=0
   # sysctl net.link.ether.inet.log_arp_movements=0

Use sysctl.conf(5) to have those values set automatically on reboot.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                      Savill Way