Gerard Samuel wrote:
I was fortunate to acquire a dual Slot one motherboard.
I currently only have one PIII 450 in there, and its working without any problems so far.
This box is primarily for www/samba/cvs.
I was wondering if my PHP apps would benefit (run faster) if I introduced a 2nd CPU.
Just wondering....

A single instance of PHP would use only one CPU. However, if your web server spreads multiple parallel requests over multiple processes (Apache 1.x, for instance) you would indeed benefit from the second CPU.

   Uwe
--
Uwe Doering         |  EscapeBox - Managed On-Demand UNIX Servers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  http://www.escapebox.net