Hello. I never touched ADSL before, now I booked an ADSL phone line.

I have a small LAN, the server (FreeBSD 4.9 STABLE) is there as 192.168.0.1, providing services like NFS and it is a DHCP server. It also need to act as NAT for 802.11 notebooks in the room. I heard people say there are basically two types of ADSL modems. The either net modem act as a gateway for the LAN, and is more expansive; The PCI ADSL modem is cheaper, fitting one computer only, you need to configure NAT and so like on that computer for the LAN.

I don't want to use the ethernet one, because I already have a standalone server, and I'm quite faimiliar with FreeBSD NAT & DHCP & router configuration, but configuring ethernet ADSL modem is new to me. I still need the server to connect wireless computers in the LAN, which ethernet ADSL modem cannot do it directly. So I think I need a PCI ADSL modem.

The problem is, I wish to buy a FreeBSD compatible PCI ADSL modem, but looking into the hardware note (http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.1R/hardware-i386.html) I didn't find any ADSL PCI card. Do FreeBSD support any PCI ADSL Card?