On Sunday 30 November 2003 12:58, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> Do to a corupted southbridge on myu old mobo I've found myself with
> about 50G of mp3s and movies some ok some corrupted. Does anyone know of
> what tools I could use to batch check them. I would need something like
> a list of those that are corrupted.

There's audio/mp3_check which accepts an arbitrary number of files (ie: you
can wrap it in find+xargs).
I'm not sure how much time this may cost though.

As for video: this entirely depends on the format and what 'corrupted' means
exactly. A corrupted header might be easy to find, but other than that, most
(if not all) video formats allow for arbitrary lengths, which means that each
frame has it's own checksum or equivalent.
--
Melvyn

FreeBSD sarevok.webteckies.org 5.2-BETA FreeBSD 5.2-BETA #1: Sat Nov 29
00:15:33 CET 2003     [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/
SAREVOK_NOFW_DBG  i386