On Sunday 30 November 2003 08:52, Allan Bowhill wrote:

> On  0, Paul van Berlo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> :Hello,
> :
> :is there an easy way to determine which distribution sets were installed
> :during the FreeBSD installation and after that? I inherited a server and
> :want to make sure what is and is not installed. Of course I can do all of
> :this manually, but I was hoping FreeBSD keeps a log or something
> :somewhere.
>
> I am not %100 sure, but I think you might have to do it manually. I
> don't think FreeBSD keeps records of what was originally chosen
> in /stand/sysinstall for distribution sets on a first-time installation.

Right - because it doesn't make sence to do so.
If you choose 'developer' during the 'standard installation' but later install
the XFree86 port, you essentially now have an 'X-Developer' distribution set.

In a well-maintained system, /etc/make.conf should reflect any alterations to
the base installation and the rest can be found in /var/db/pkg/*.

--
Melvyn

FreeBSD sarevok.webteckies.org 5.2-BETA FreeBSD 5.2-BETA #1: Sat Nov 29
00:15:33 CET 2003     [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/
SAREVOK_NOFW_DBG  i386