Has anyone got gaim 0.71 or later working on FreeBSD 4.x? What did you do to get it working?
The answer, short form: Sacrifice Linuxism-infested w33n0rs to the Great God Knuth.
Ha! Only kidding. [*] The answer, longer form:
Gaim requires perl 5.8 or higher just to be installed - its 'l33t++ custom configurator thingy requires it. The 5.005 that comes with FreeBSD 4.8 is not sufficient.
- cvsupit your ports
- install Perl 5.8.1 (we installed from the package, it works fine)
- make install Gaim
- make deinstall/make install libatk and libgtk along the way (we did
actually have the right versions installed - it just didn't *think* we did)
- force install on Gaim (it won't actually let you remove the old version)
- put in a symlink from libatk-1.0.so.400 to libatk-1.0.so.200, because
the install process trashes the latter.
The answer, as just ranted in my LiveJournal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/reddragdiva/106318.html
[*] I would need to catch them first.
_______________________________________________ [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"