AFAIK the subject's accurate, best I could do anyway.

Here's what I get on /var/log/httpd-error.log when running a program I wrote which works on other webservers (that I didn't set up):

[Wed Dec 03 16:29:10 2003] [error] [client 192.168.0.1] Can't locate object method "new" via package "Net::FTP::A" at /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503/mach/IO/Socket.pm line 253., referer: http://swamisalami/cgibin/sim3.pl

In the course of porting this code to my local sandbox I ran into a compile error stemming from Net::FTP, a Perl package not present on my box. Since I'm ignorant of how to upgrade my Perl install I just kept going to cpan.org and manually installing whatever package sources the compiler complained about until it stopped complaining. It was a pita and turns out not done properly anyhow, or so it seems.

If this makes sense then I think where I stand now is that I've broken my Perl install and need to fix it, in particular must reinstall Net::FTP and any of its dependencies. Maybe now's the time I need to actually learn something more about ports than just make build; make install. FWIW I'm running "perl, version 5.005_03 built for i386-freebsd" under FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE installed (including Perl) from the mini-iso.

Marty Landman Face 2 Interface Inc 845-679-9387 Sign On Required: Web membership software for your site Make a Website: http://face2interface.com/Home/Demo.shtml