Charles Howse wrote:

On Thursday 04 December 2003 01:07 pm, Payne wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the help early, I am wanting to have either xdm/kdm/gdm to
start once my system it up, how can I do this? Also which is best?

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x-xdm.html

This will detail the process for you.
As to which is best, that's only valid if you are running Gnome AND KDE.
I'm not familiar with gdm, but kdm is bundled w/ KDE, and xdm is bundled w/ XFree86.

Thanks, I have printed out the mannual so I will take a look at. GMD = Gnome, I am old linux guy and I like kdm, I was hoping there was a wdm port, it suppose to be the best. Oh well.

Payne