-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of -Mark Hillis-
(Netway Technical Support)
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 2:40 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hello,

I have FreeBSD 4.8 installed on my 400mhz amd with 256mb ram (this is
probably useless info)

I was wondering how I install packages like emacs? are they on the CD?
can I choose them from the install menu? the reason I ask is because I
didn't see it listed in the install options but maybe I over looked
it...

sorry this is like 20 questions, but also normally when I used freebsd
at work I and would be typing a path and I could hit tab and it would
finish the path for me or tell me what file names are close/similar but
when I hit tab on my FreeBSD box it just tabs spaces... I figured maybe
I was using the wrong shell... if so how do I change shells? is this the
problem?

the reason I figured it was the wrong type of shell... is because
del/delete doesn't backspace either, it gives me weird characters like
"^something " the delete/del problem might just be that is a rule my
admin had set or something but I don't know so I'm not really concerned
with that but if it helps to understand what I might be doing wrong then
shout it out right?

thanks in advance for any help/advice you can give

-Mark Hillis-