On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 07:25:46AM -0600, Charles Howse wrote:
> You don't by any chance have OpenOffice-1.1 working do you?
> That's where I'm going with this, but I have to get jdk working first.
> attempting to install jdk takes 6+ hrs on my machine.  :-)

I just got both working less than a week back. I first fetched the packages
for jdk14 so that all is ready for compilation. Just make sure you have
plenty of swap too (I needed atleast 128M). If that's your problem, you
could add some space in a swap file for now and then delete it later (see
the handbook). The error message is mostly visible in ttyv0 (apart from the
errors on the screen)

# cd /usr/ports/java/jdk14
# make fetch-recursive
# make install clean
# (go to sleep...)

openoffice-1.1 takes about 15 hrs on my celeron 1.7Ghz with 256 MB ram.

Hope that was of some use...
Gautam