Hello;
        My FreeBSD box is going to serve some young shell users who have
begun with Linux. In order to atract them it mustbe as good looking as a
Linux system but I am having serious peroblem with my terminal settings.
Some vary important keys such as Back Space, home, end and ... don't work
in editors such as vim. For example in Emacs the Alt key does not work. Also
editors such as vim and Emacs do not show syntax highlighting and so on.

        Can anybody help me with this problem.