Hello

I have looked through the archives and I have read the manual (Advance Networking) but
could not find specific to address my question.

I want to set up a FreeBSD 5.x box as a router/gateway on a permanent connection with
a fixed IP address,
there will also be other machines with fixed IP addresses (not 192.168.x.x but proper
IP's)
on this network.

something like this:

        To internet exchange on T1 Leased Line

                   | dc0 (196.x.x.1)
                ---------
                FreeBSD
                router/
                gateway
                ---------
                   | lr0

                ---------
                switch/hub
                ---------
                |       |
                |       |
      196.x.x.2 |       | 196.x.x.3
            Server 1    Server 2

Obviously I have to have two network cards in the router/gateway (dc0 and lr0),
I assume that I will configure dc0 with my fixed IP, but what do I do with lr0?

Can somebody please point me in the right direction.

Thanks
extech