On Dec 11, 2003, at 5:32 PM, Alex (ander Sendzimir) wrote:
When I issue the command

shutdown -p now

the system shuts down normally. However, I have to manually turn the power off. Does anyone know how to get the system to turn power off? I have wake-on-lan working. So, this is the other end of the process.

You didn't mention which version of FreeBSD you were using, but the capability you're asking about depends on having APM (4.x) or APCI (5.x) configured. Change this line in the GENERIC kernel:

# Power management support (see LINT for more options)
device apm0 at nexus? disable flags 0x20 # Advanced Power Management

...to "enable" and rebuild your kernel.

--
-Chuck