Stefan Cars wrote:
Hi, i'm reposting this since I didn't get any answer at all...

I'm having a problem, sysctl can't find machdep.hlt_logical_cpus. My machine
is a dual xeon with hyperthreading enabled, running 4.9. I also would like
to know what that "Warning: Pentium 4 CPU: PSE disabled" means.

Stefan,

In your kernel configuration file, you need following:

  options        SMP        # Symmetric MultiProcessor Kernel
  options        APIC_IO    # Symmetric (APIC) I/O

Then machdep.hlt_logical_cpus is in your sysctl.

Can't help you with the "PSE disabled" thing.

Cheers,
Rob.