From: "Eric Olsson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2003 10:51 PM
Subject: cpu load

I'v got FreeBSD 4.9 installed on my laptop and all is working fine
except one
thing and that is to be able to see how much my cpu is working. When i use
'top' it's all at 0% even tho i'm currently running alot of programs and
doing
a make install from the ports. I'v installed wmcpuload dockapp and that

one

allso allways shows 0%. Considering i'm on an old PII 300 Mhz with 64 Mb

ram

one would think it should use some atleast :)

Is there anything i need to add to the kernel or sysctl to get the
monitoring to start
working ?

CPU: Pentium II/Pentium II Xeon/Celeron (300.68-MHz 686-class CPU)
 Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0x652  Stepping = 2

Features=0x183f9ff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,
PA

T,PSE36,MMX,FXSR>

With best regards

Eric Olsson