Hello

I'm using 5.1 on a toshiba portege 3020CT laptop.
Because of boot problems I've disabled acpi.

Whenever I boot with a usb device attached,
dmesgs gives a output that the port 1 is disabled.
If I remove the usb device the system hangs and the only thing I can do is switch
consoles.

If I attach a usb device after boot. The systeem freezes; I can't do anything
afterwards.

I tried this with a usb tablet and a usb wi-fi adapter.

There is no output in /var/log/messages

Does anyone know what is causing this and how I can solve this?

Roland

ps. Please send answers to the list and to this e-mail address since I'm not
subscribed to questions@