marcelo cardoso martinelli wrote:

i have a ms intellimouse optical usb mouse and i can't get the wheel to
work in X.

here is my InputDevice section in XF86Config:

"Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "IntelliMouse Explorer"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "Device"      "/dev/sysmouse"
        Option          "Protocol"    "Auto"
        Option          "Buttons"     "7"
        Option          "ZAxisMapping"        "6 7"
EndSection"

i am running FreeBSD-5.0 Release and XFree86 4.2.1

TIA

From a freeBSD install/writeup I'm working on:

The fix for the wheel involved
setting an option or two:
   appending '-z4' to the moused command string in the "Mouse" section
   of /etc/usbd.conf
   New Line: attach "/usr/sbin/moused -p /dev/${DEVNAME} -I
   /var/run/moused.${DEVNAME}.pid -z4; /usr/sbin/vidcontrol -m on"

and adding the following line to the InputDevice section of the XF86Config file:
Option "Buttons" "6"

See http://www.gsoft.com.au/~doconnor/x-wheel.html for further info or Google
for 'FreeBSD X wheel mouse' for further information. This also allowed the
'wheel press' button to work as well.

Scott