On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 04:26:18PM +0100, Miguel Mendez wrote:
> ./Kris Kennaway wrote:
>
> > I was; if you're complaining about bugs in old versions of the
> > software, then the first thing to do is check whether those bugs have
> > been fixed in later versions.  Not all bug fixes are properly
> > documented.
>
> See
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/security/advisories/NetBSD-SA2003-018.txt.asc
>
> Apparently, the NetBSD security team does fix those bugs, so I assume
> the FreeBSD people can as well.

Sorry, what was your point?  This bug was fixed in FreeBSD too, as you
could have discovered by spending 10 seconds to look at the
advisories.  But we weren't talking about this one, because the OP
claimed to have checked the BIND ChangeLogs and found that his problem
had not been referenced.

> > OK, so you've done some further research about this (or just omitted
> > this from the original message).  The BIND mailing list may still be
> > your best bet for discussion of this issue, despite previous lack of
> > solution there.
>
> FreeBSD is the vendor in this case, as bind is part of base, so it's
> FreeBSD people the ones to ask about the product they ship.

He's welcome to ask, but my advice was that BIND experts are lower on
the ground here than on the BIND support list.

Kris