Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 21:43:20 -0600
From: "Mike Loiterman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Problems setting up Identd
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I'm trying to get my identd server setup correctly so I can chat on
IRC.

Port 113 is open on my firewall, rc.conf is running inetd, and inetd
has identd uncommented.  This is the line in my inetd.conf file:
auth   stream  tcp     wait    root    /usr/local/sbin/identd  identd

I have pidentd installed via ports but when I connect to EFNet...it
says no ident was found.

Further, none of the identd servers (pidentd, oidentd) seem to have a
man page.

This is incredibly frustrating.