fbsd_user wrote:

When I use cvsup to download the ports config files, it does not
display the directory path it's using on the server.
How can I find the directory path? Or can somebody tell me what it
is.

The port names retrieved from here
http://www.freebsd.org/ports/index.html  do not match the real port
name I find on my system.  Want is the real directory path so I can
use my browser to ftp in and drill down to find real names.

Can anybody help me?

Cvsup downloads the equivalent of

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/ports/ports.tar.gz

However, the CGI index (http page you refer to) shows
pretty much the exact same ports tree I have at /usr/ports...

So, what's the discrepancy?

Plus, what's wrong with the standard tools?

#whereis foobar
/usr/ports/misc/foobar

OR

#cd /usr/ports