Just for clarification...

The trade off I see with installing from CD vs. doing a minimal install is that when it comes time to upgrade it will cause more issues.

By this I mean that if I do a minimal install and then later install from ports it will be more seamless than installing first from packages (like KDE, for example) and then trying to upgrade with ports later.

Certainly packages from the CD would be installed quicker than having to build from ports, but at the cost of future upgrades.

Is this true, a little off the mark, or way off?

Thanks,