On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 10:11:24PM +0000, Jez Hancock wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 12:49:00PM -0800, Gary Kline wrote:
> >     Anybody know what magic incantations are necessary to make
> >     my mail server aware of my internal hosts??  If this is a
> >     DNS matter, I didn't catch it in DNS AND BIND (4th ed).
> Try adding all the hosts you accept mail for to your local-host-names
> file - usually /etc/mail/local-host-names by default - check the line
> starting 'Fw-o' in /etc/mail/sendmail.cf.

        Ok, in local-host-names I've already got:
        ^ethic
        ^foobar
        ^plato
        ^tao

        neatly packed in.  Just the local host names.  (Gee!)

> MX records should also be setup for each domain you want to accept
> mail for.  Perhaps paste the DNS entries for the domains you're having
> trouble with if you still can't get it to work.

        Here is what I *had*, last attempt:

thought.org.   IN       MX      1 ethic.thought.org
thought.org.   IN       MX      1 foobar.thought.org
thought.org.   IN       MX      1 plato.thought.org
thought.org.    IN      MX       5 tao.thought.org.

        Do I need to list my internal IP's in the "IN A" address
        records?  ethic is 10.244, tao is 10.247, &c.

        gary

--
   Gary Kline     [EMAIL PROTECTED]   www.thought.org     Public service Unix