Nelis Lamprecht wrote:
On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 20:54, Bill Moran wrote:

We're looking to get a laptop for the business.  Of course, we need to make sure
it works with FreeBSD, but money is tight, so we're trying to find the best deal
we can that we know will work.

Does anyone have any suggestions on lower-cost laptops that they've had work well
with FreeBSD?

We were looking at the $700 lappys that Dell is selling (Inspiron 1100), but I'd
really like a confirmation that these are going to work before I spend money on one.
http://catalog.us.dell.com/CS1/cs1page2.aspx?br=7&c=us&cs=04&fm=10423&kc=6W300&l=en&s=bsd

Take a look at this site http://gerda.univie.ac.at/freebsd-laptops/ Not sure how up-to-date it is but it's a FreeBSD Laptop Compatibility List and the laptop you have mentioned is listed but not without it's problems. You could probably contact the owners and ask them about any problems they experienced and how they resolved them.

This is a great resource! Thanks.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies