Feroz F. Basir wrote:
My mail server is within my LAN and we dont have/use
DNS server. Why sendmail want to resolve domain.com?

Sendmail is trying to perform an MX lookup of domain.com, and then will fall back to using an A record (or the /etc/hosts file) if that fails.

Do I need to setup DNS server under fbsd4.9 just to
resolve odmain.com if I send to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Nope. But sendmail and lots of other network-aware programs (things like SSH) are happier when forward and reverse DNS is available.

--
-Chuck