I did notice what you guys were talking about and wanted to reply, though I didnt find orginal mail so I replied to this one.
I have Radeon Mobility M9 or similar whatever it is. Supposed to be ati radeon 9000 with powersaving features, anyways technically(9000 just has dx9 support or smthin) same thing than ati 7500, they just renumbered their old chipsets.
I get 1200fps with glxgear on default window (dspl:1024x768) so depending of size of your window you get bit low fps.
Whats use of device vesa option if I may ask?

xmas greets Markus Kovero