> Are 13yrs old people in highschool? :-p

Precocious ones maybe, but that would be a year too young usually.

> Greets Markus Kovero
>
> Robert wrote:

A couple of things.
You can learn a lot starting with the web pages at:

            http://www.freebsd.org/
Start there and follow lots of links to more information than you can
absorb.   Most of your questions have been answered many times in
those web pages and the FAQs and archives that are linked from there.

Second, learn to break your likes at around 70 characters and also
learn to use paragraphing, and other gramatical niceties.  It would
make people more insterested in reading your messages and giving
reasonable responses.

////jerry

> >My name is Robert. I am 13 and I want to use a bsd distro because my of best friend
> >uses it and he says you can really get into it deeper than any closed OS like
> >Windows and its stability is greater than any other OS in the world. He likes
> >worshiping BSD and wrote this cool program that helps my Dad at home so he can work
> >but stay home with my brother who is sick very sick with cancer.  Well I am in high
> >school and I would like to do something with BSD for my high school project and
> >impress the whole school with how deep I can get into your OS by controlling a
> >robot or making an interface like the one my friend made for programming a simple
> >robot.  None of my other freinds in school even know about UNIX or BSD or any of
> >tat enough to be what my friend Ean calls himself -a purist. He says to love BSD
> >alone and seperate it from the rest of the pack you have to be a purist.  I am no
> >sure totally what he means by OS purism? What does it mean to be a purist and like
> >BSD so muc!
 h because of this belief? Also I was checking out BSD on the web at the OS world and
I dont get something. I dont get why you guys call your OS FREEBSD when OPENBSD is
free as well. I just dont see why there is two different OS's here within BSD. What is
the difference. Which one should I get into. I am not interested in starting a huge
company or anything like my Dad who needs one network over seas and another in the US
and another somewhere else for the oversight people and some huge linkup to space for
something he does with the satellites. I just want to see what makes Unix so special
and powerful and not crash ever you know? Maybe get religious about it.  Maybe i want
to use it for school to and maybe later hack with it and be like Ean. Oh yea Ean
doesn'y work for my Dad anymore. He just goes around all by himself working for whever
he chooses. He is so cool companies try to bribe him into employment all the time and
he turns everyone down so that he can work by himsel!
 f in freedom. How cool is that?  But I lost  contact. He comes around
but not enough for me to get help I need help now. Please?  Will you guys write back
to me so I dont have to do something stupid and get involved with an OS I dont want to
and get lost in thte wrong thingz?............Robert, Hillsboro OR USA