Doug -

In case it's helpful ...
On Sat, 27 Dec 2003, Doug Lee wrote:

> 2.  Do any utilities already exist for appending one repo (,v) file to
> another, or even intelligently merging repo files so that you get a
> history containing all revisions from both?

I moved more than 1000 files from Source Integrity to CVS. All but about
80 came through with their histories retained. For the others I had to
make them "born again" as of the transition time. I used scripts found
from this pointer:

jm> Questions:
jm>
jm>  1) Can I port my histories in some useful way?

ad> Given the way SI works, probably.
ad> http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/info-cvs/2000-April/005974.html

If that is a dead link, I can come up with copies of the scripts, or my
minor variations on them.

If you are moving from VSS to CVS, you may find something helpful here
[Disclaimer - I didn't try this.]:

****