I tried installing 4.9 on an old gateway machine.
specs: intel chip, 500 MHz.
256 RAM and 30 Gig HD.
it would go thru the whole install but than right when it's about to boot
into FBSD, it reboots the machine.  It just keeps rebooting.  I thought it
might be the RAM or hardware, but I tried putting other RAM and tried the
same install on different old machines.  I even tried a different disk, one
that I know worked for sure. Same thing.

Than I just loaded 4.8 for the heck of it, and it worked.
I'm confused.

Now, do I want to try to upgrade to 4.9 from 4.8 or just leave 4.8?