From: Eric F Crist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Lee Mx" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED],[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ZOT Print Server....
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 18:30:14 -0600

On Tuesday 30 December 2003 06:23 pm, Lee Mx wrote:
> I looked quickly at the link and this seems to be a standard network print
> server. I assume that you have either assigned an ip or are using dhcp.
> From there it is a standard setup. I also use apsfilter and it works great
> for both my unix boxes and windows boxes without samba. It isn't needed
> but I'm sure that it would work well also. Where are you having
> difficulities?

I am able to print fine to the printer if it's connected directly to the
computer. However, if I go through the apsfilter setup and try to use the IP
address (192.168.1.2) and 'raw' as the printer name, the printer doesn't even
seem to register that it recieved any data. If I don't enter any name for
the printer name, and just use the IP address as the computer name, I still
get nothing.

Eric

Here is one of my printcap entries for a laserjet. It works great. Maybe if you compare them you will find the problem.

lp|laser|ljet4;r=300x300;q=medium;c=full;p=letter;m=auto:\
   :lp=:\
   :rm=192.168.5.251:\
#    :rp=192.168.5.251:\
   :if=/usr/local/etc/apsfilter/basedir/bin/apsfilter:\
   :sd=/var/spool/lpd/laser:\
   :lf=/var/spool/lpd/laser/log:\
   :af=/var/spool/lpd/laser/acct:\
   :mx#0:\
   :sh:
# APS1_END - don't delete this

A regular line printer that I use to print checks from another unix box is:

cheques|Impresora para cheques:\
 :sh:\
 :if=/usr/local/libexec/if.sh: \
 :rm=192.168.5.250:sd=/var/spool/output/cheques:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:

I also have a line printer for accounting that has a wide carrage and it is.

lp|local line printer:\
 :sh:\
 :rm=192.168.5.252:sd=/var/spool/output/lpd:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:
# :rm=192.168.5.251:sd=/var/spool/output/lpd:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:

All my windows machines can print to all as can the unix boxes. I'm using three different brands of print servers, BTW.

I hope this helps,