From: Eric F Crist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Lee Mx" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED],[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ZOT Print Server....
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 19:42:51 -0600

On Tuesday 30 December 2003 07:22 pm, Lee Mx wrote:
> I forgot to ask in the previous email but if it doesn't help would you post
> your printcap entry.
>
> thanks

Sorry, that was really my bad. Here it is. Note that the top entry is for
the parallel connection, which does work if it's connected. The bottom entry
is the non-working network connection.

TIA

--
Eric F Crist
AdTech Integrated Systems, Inc

-----PRINTCAP ENTRIES-----

# APS1_BEGIN:printer1
# - don't delete start label for apsfilter printer1
# - no other printer defines between BEGIN and END LABEL
lp|pcl3/unspec;r=300x300;q=medium;c=mono;p=letter;m=auto:\
    :lp=/dev/lpt0:\
    :if=/usr/local/etc/apsfilter/basedir/bin/apsfilter:\
    :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
    :lf=/var/spool/lpd/lp/log:\
    :af=/var/spool/lpd/lp/acct:\
    :mx#0:\
    :sh:
# APS1_END - don't delete this
# APS2_BEGIN:printer2
# - don't delete start label for apsfilter printer2
# - no other printer defines between BEGIN and END LABEL
lp1|pcl3/unspec;r=300x300;q=medium;c=mono;p=letter;m=auto:\
    :lp=:\
    :rm=192.168.1.2:\
    :rp=laser:\
    :if=/usr/local/etc/apsfilter/basedir/bin/apsfilter:\
    :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp1:\
    :lf=/var/spool/lpd/lp1/log:\
    :af=/var/spool/lpd/lp1/acct:\
    :mx#0:\
    :sh:
# APS2_END - don't delete this

The only difference between your entry and mine is the rp that I commented out for some reason that I don't remember right now. I assume that you get no errors.

What do

#  lpc status lp1
#  lpc restart lp1

give you? I get:

# lpc status lp
lp:
       queuing is enabled
       printing is enabled
       no entries in spool area
       printer idle

# lpc restart lp
lp:
       no daemon to abort
       printing enabled
       daemon restarted

I'm just guessing now. I have no idea unless one of the above commands gives you an error. The only thing that bothers me is the rp entry that I commented out and on another box I ended up with rp=raw.

Good luck,